Bristol Redistro will be launching its fifth funding round later in 2022
Change happens when people have the resources to transform their own situations. Bristol Redistro raises money to support small, grassroots groups run by people with lived experience of the issues they are working to solve (not by a board of ‘professionals’ acting as if they are the experts in other people’s lives).
Please donate to this crowdfund to support those working tirelessly to bring about justice and equality for their community. You can find out more about groups funded in previous rounds here; they’ll decide who gets funded this time round.
After three successful funding rounds in 2020 and 2021, (in which 25 incredible Bristol-based grassroots groups received grants), and a ‘Glad Colston’s Gone’ Racial justice Round in spring/summer 2022, we’re planning to get another series of groups funded by the end of 2022.
As before, funded groups will be playing a key role in deciding where the latest grants grow.
Thanks to those who make monthly donations and a fair few one-offs, we already have a fair amount in the pot. We need to fundraise another £2000 to open for applications, and another £5000 on top of that for a full funding round.
Please share far and wide, donate to this crowdfund, or sign up to make monthly donations here.
- we’re part of building a just and equal society, which means redistributing funds;
- we fund collective responses to problems, not just individual solutions;
- we only fund community-led groups because we believe that we all know how to transform our own situations and have the right to determine our own futures;
- grassroots groups decide how the money is shared out and used – not the people with the money;
- we seek to address root causes, not just deal with emergency symptoms;
- we fund groups that are democratic and working for change;
- we’re living through a huge social and environmental crisis and groups who are doing critical work may not get funding any other way;
- you can have a real, positive effect on your local area;
- we’re not a charity and not restricted by charity regulations;
- …and because you’ll feel good for doing it!