We are not currently open for applications
Bristol Redistro’s aim is to challenge inequality of wealth and power and to create positive alternatives. We give money to support the struggles, fights, campaigns and projects of groups and communities facing discrimination (due to their class, ability, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexuality, age, immigration status or other factors) and who are working towards justice and equality.
To apply, your group must:
- share Bristol Redistro’s aim of challenging inequality of wealth and power and creating positive alternatives. We are looking for projects that aim to change the beliefs, values and behaviours of people, communities and institutions.
- be self-organised: we support groups that have been set up by a community to address an issue they’re facing – for example, Black and Brown people who have come together to challenge police racism and brutality.
- be based within the boundaries of the City of Bristol.
- be working on issues affecting local people.
- be a non-profit community organisation. You don’t have to be formally registered as a charity, Community Interest Company etc. or have a constitution. You could be a newly-formed group of people who want to tackle an issue together.
- have an annual income of less than £25,000. We’re looking for groups that struggle to get funding elsewhere, particularly if other funders might consider them to be too radical.
- make decisions democratically and strive to be accessible and inclusive of people of different backgrounds and abilities.
There are no restrictions on what you use the funds for. We all know how to transform our own situations, and have the right to determine our own futures. We’re not interested in making judgements on what communities other than our own decide to do to improve their lives.
Previously funded groups can apply again. You may want to give an update on how funds were used in your new application.
Our application questions
- Contact name:
- Group name:
- Email address:
- Telephone number:
- Website and/or Facebook page:
- Which areas of Bristol does your work cover?
Please refer to the criteria above when answering the following questions.
Please use no more than two pages of a Word/OpenOffice document in standard font and font size to answer them. This is to ensure it is a fair process for all applicants.
- a) Who are you? b) What does your group do? c) Why do you do it?
- We support groups that have been set up by a community to address an issue they’re facing – for example, Black and Brown people who have come together to challenge the police racism and brutality. How are the members of your group affected by the issue your group is working on?
- How much money have you raised in the last year to fund your group’s work?
- How much money are you asking for from Bristol Redistro (the maximum available is £1,000)?
Our decision-making process involves previously funded groups short-listing applications and the final decisions being made by the short-listed applicants. We will therefore be sharing your applications with these groups. Please let us know if you have any questions about this.